23-year-old man arrested over alleged murder of woman in Ore

 

By David Akinadewo-Adekahunsi

The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a 23-year-old man, identified as Samuel Akuade, in connection with the alleged murder of a 60-year-old woman, Mrs Olufunke Amoo, at Ore, headquarters of Odigbo Local Government Area of the state.

The incident occurred on Sunday, August 16, 2026, at about 5:00 p.m. in the Powerline area along the Ore-Okitipupa Road, throwing residents of the area into panic.

According to information from the Police Command, the deceased was found lying in a pool of blood at her residence after allegedly sustaining deep machete wounds.

She was reportedly already dead when she was discovered.

Sources in the area had earlier identified the deceased as Mrs Olufunke Akuade and alleged that the suspect, Samuel, attacked her with a cutlass.

The relationship between the suspect and the deceased, as well as the motive for the alleged attack, could not be independently established as of the time of filing this report.

Following the report, police operatives from the Ore Division mobilised to the scene, secured the area and commenced preliminary investigation.

The police said a machete suspected to have been used in the attack was recovered from the scene, while photographs and other relevant details were documented as part of the investigation.

The suspect was said to have fled the scene before the arrival of the police but was subsequently arrested by operatives following sustained efforts to track him down.

He is currently in police custody, while the remains of the deceased have been deposited at the mortuary.

The case has since been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Akure, for further investigation.

The Commissioner of Police, Ondo State Command, CP Felix N. Ohagwu, directed that the investigation be conducted thoroughly and professionally to establish the circumstances surrounding the killing and ensure that anyone found culpable is brought to justice.

The Command reassured residents of its commitment to protecting lives and property across the state, while urging members of the public to provide timely and useful information to the police, particularly concerning suspicious activities in their communities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *