…Police launch manhunt
By Christian Abolu
Tragedy struck Ondo State on Wednesday as suspected bandits killed a traditional ruler in Akure North Local Government Area during a failed abduction attempt.
Following the ugly incident, police has initiated a massive security response and manhunt for the perpetrators.
The victim, identified as Oba Kehinde Jacob Falodun, the Alagamo of Agamo, was attacked at his residence by armed assailants who reportedly stormed the community with the intention of kidnapping him.
According to the Ondo State Police Command, the incident occurred at about 7:10 p.m. on February 18, 2026.
The police said nformation received from a community leader indicated that about six armed men invaded the monarch’s compound, forcibly took him away and fled.
The traditional ruler was later found a few metres from his residence with gunshot wounds and was confirmed dead at the scene.
Following the report, the Divisional Police Officer mobilised officers alongside tactical teams and local security outfits, including Amotekun, Atunluse security operatives and local hunters, to comb nearby bushes and surrounding communities in search of the attackers.
Police authorities said surveillance and monitoring had been intensified across the area to prevent further security breaches and reassure residents.
The Command condemned the killing and assured that efforts were ongoing to track down and arrest the suspects, stressing that those responsible would be brought to justice.
Residents with credible information that could aid the investigation have been urged to report to the nearest police station as security agencies continue operations in and around the affected communities.

